PPP and Urban Feeding Technology
Welcome to the hands-free and stress-free way of giving your babies the best start in life. If you need an automated milk feeder for calves or lambs, PPP has the Urban solution to suit New Zealand farmers. Urban is considered by farmers to be the highest quality brand and is now the world’s leading seller of automated calf feeders!
- Milk on tap and set at the correct temperature all the time
– the only calf feeder to have a heated mixing bowl so that milk doesn’t cool down between feeds.
- Complete monitoring of individual consumption – down to the millilitre.
- Each calf has their own computerised record, which also alerts you to any issues well in advance.
- Allows for different groups to be fed at different rates with ease.
- A self-cleaning system with two rinsing agents, ensuring hygiene is maintained
– the only feeder with a reticulated cleaning system.
- The only feeder to feed four calves on four different drink stations at the same time.
Urban feeders promote healthy rearing and feeding of calves or lambs. Your livestock are fed individually, eliminating competition for food and reducing stress which allows for each animal to get their allocated intake. Improving nutrition of calves in the first five weeks of life has been shown to boost first lactation milk and milk protein production by 10%. Multiple small feeds during the day mimics how they would feed from their mothers, giving greater absorption of nutrients and better growth rates. Better still, you don’t have to be there to make sure this is happening, freeing up your time for other pursuits!
Comparison of feeding systems for rearing calves
Fed Milk on demand
|Milk/Meal: Fed once
|5 litres||8 litres||5 litres||2 litres|
|Days||70 days||42 days||42 days||35 days|
|350 litres||336 litres||210 litres||70 litres|
at 10 weeks
Contact PPP or call us on 0800 901 902 to find out more.